Beekeeping Industry to Gather in Pennsylvania, January 8-12, 2013
2013 is quickly approaching and now is the time to make attending the 2013 North American Beekeeping Conference & Tradeshow at the Hershey® Lodge in Hershey, Pennsylvania, one of your New Year’s resolutions!
The excitement is building for the annual meeting of the American Beekeeping Federation (ABF), which promises to be one “sweet” event you won’t want to miss! And with an anticipated attendance of more than 600, this is sure to be the must-attend conference of the year – beekeepers from all over North America and beyond will gather to share ideas and develop new contacts. In addition, the 2013 conference will be a very special one because the ABF will be celebrating its 70th anniversary.
The conference agenda is complete and posted to the conference Web site at www.nabeekeepingconference.com, and is filled with areas of interest to all beekeepers, including:
- Keynote speaker, May Berenbaum, professor and department head of entomology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Featured speaker, Dr. Rob Page, vice provost and dean in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and foundation professor of life sciences, Arizona State University
- Key legislative and industry updates
- Shared Interest Group meetings
- Serious Sideliner Symposium with a focus on "How I Do It"
- Research updates from the Tucson, Beltsville and Baton Rouge Bee Labs
- Interactive workshops
- The American Bee Research Conference
- 2013 American Honey Show
- 2013 American Honey Queen and Princess coronation
- Field trip to commercial beekeeping operations of Brushy Mountain Bee Farm and Hackenberg Apiaries
These are just a few of the educational and networking opportunities slated for the 2013 North American Beekeeping Conference & Tradeshow. Visit the conference Web site and select the meetings, workshops and optional activities that are right for you and register online today. And while you are registering for the conference, don’t forget to make your hotel reservations at the Hershey® Lodge and take advantage of the discounted group rate of $119+tax per night.
With 40+ presentations from industry leaders, 14 interactive workshops and 35+ exhibitors, beekeepers won’t want to miss a second of this conference. Be sure to register today to ensure your place at the 2013 North American Beekeeping Conference & Tradeshow. Regular registration ends at midnight EST on December 12, 2012. After this date, you will only be able to register onsite at a higher rate.