Become a member of the Los Angeles County Beekeepers Association!
"Bee! I'm expecting you!
Bee! I'm expecting you
Was saying yesterday to someone you knew, that you were due!"
Come Join Us! Yearly dues are only $10 per household.
Just fill out the LACBA Application Form print it out and bring it to the next LACBA meeting, or mail it (along with your dues payment) to:
Los Angeles County Beekeepers Association
7835 Jayseel Street
Sunland, CA 91040
Membership in the Los Angeles County Bee Association has many benefits:
- Discounts for magazines (American Bee Journal and Bee Culture). The latest information comes to you on a monthly basis, with articles by our industry's leading researchers and beekeepers. All levels of beekeepers can learn from these articles.
- Receive Buzzings! the LACBA monthly newsletter, featuring a recap of our meetings, the latest information on upcoming events, the state of beekeeping in Los Angeles County, California, nationally, and worlwide.
- We have 10 great meetings a year where:
- Speakers present the latest of what is going on in beekeeping.
- We discuss issues we are having with our own bees and receive valuable insight and information.
- We receive information on a national level.
- We become involved on a legislative level.
- We learn what is affecting the bee world globally and how we may be of service.
- Beekeeping Classes 101 begin in February and are free to LACBA members who are current with their dues.
- We learn responsible beekeeping in an urban environment.
- LACBA members volunteer at the LA County Fair Bee Booth where we share what we have learned about honeybees with the general public. It's also a great oppotunity for us to test our own knowledge of beekeeping through interaction with the curious of all ages.
- LACBA members participate in AgDayLA where thousands of 3rd and 4th graders learn about bees.
- It's a great place to bee for the new bee and the experienced bee keeper. Interaction between varying levels of beekeepers elicits cross-pollination in reseach, knowledge, application, and change for the benefit all.